With auspicious beginnings as our maiden vintage in 2000, this iconic Bordeaux-style blend is comprised of the classic cultivars: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Malbec and Petit Verdot. All grapes are exclusively grown on the property and benefit from the soil-rich, north-facing Helderberg slopes worthy of the prominent Stellenbosch appellation. Each variety is separately managed to contribute unique and varied flavour profiles to the consummate blend. Ample structure and depth allow this wine to age effortlessly for a decade or more.
“I Have Always Had A Particular Fondness For Cabernet Sauvignon Wines And Cabernet Sauvignon-Based Blends. It Seemed A Natural Choice To Position Ernie Els Wines In The Helderberg Region Of Stellenbosch, As This Site Provides Ideal Growing Conditions For This Beloved Variety.
My Focus Continues To Be To Create Premium, Full-Bodied Wines Using Gentle Extraction Techniques In Order To Preserve The Classic Aromas And Flavours We Have All Come To Enjoy Out Of A Bottle Of Ernie Els Cabernet Sauvignon.”
Louis Strydom, Winemaker
BOARDS FOR TWO
Cheese Board – R160.00
Dalewood Cheeses – Camembert, Blue Brie, Boland with Apricots, Walnuts, Calamata Olives, Hummus & Breads
Charcuterie Board – R200.00
Dalewood Cheeses – Camembert, Blue Brie, Boland, Salami, Roasted Beef Pastrami with Apricots, Walnuts, Calamata Olives, Hummus & Breads
- Ernie Els Signature
- A Bordeaux-Style Blend, Full-Bodied and Elegant, Notes Of Cedar, Dried Leaves, Pencil Shavings and Sweet Fruits
- Cabernet Sauvignon 60%, Merlot 25%, Petit Verdot 5%, Malbec 5%, Cabernet Franc 5%
The Proprietor’s Range Is The Winemaker’s Expression Of The Property And Consists Of The Award-Winning Red Blend And Other Inspired Vintage-Specific Varieties. This Superior And Exclusive Range Is Available In Its Entirety At The Winery Door.
- Ernie Els Proprietor's Blend
- A Well-Structured, Textured Blend Strewn with Black Fruits, Cassis, Exotic Spice and Dark Chocolate
- Cabernet Sauvignon 60%, Shiraz 20%, Merlot 5%, Cabernet Franc 5%, Malbec 5%, Petit Verdot 5%
- Ernie Els Proprietor’s Syrah
- A Wine with Great Presence, Laden with Blue-Berry Jam and Raspberry with hints of Charcoal
THE MAJOR SERIES
The multiple award-winning Major Series includes a Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, crafted from premium property-grown grapes. Granite soils with Tukulu and Oakleaf layers deliver a rich, middle-palate weight that instills exceptional depth and fruit purity into the wines. At 140m to 270m above sea level, the typically slow ripening period begins early spring with the warm weather tempered by the summer-long cooling influence of the Atlantic Ocean, just 15kms away. These climatic factors result in wines with appealing phenolic ripeness. A timeless symbol of success.
- Ernie Els Major Series Merlot
- A Classic, Earthy Merlot with Notes Of Ripe Plums, Ripe Strawberry and a Hint Of Chocolate
- Ernie Els Major Series Cabernet Sauvignon
- A Fruit-Forward Wine with Notes Of Cigar Box, Dried Herbs, Black Cherry and Ripe Plums
- Cabernet Sauvignon
BIG EASY RANGE
Our popular Big Easy range is led by a classic Red Blend: Shiraz-forward with notes of Cabernet Sauvignon, Mourvèdre, Grenache, Viognier and Cinsault. Perfection is in the process. After primary fermentation, some tanks undergo extended maceration, with each variety separately matured in oak before final blending; ultimately producing wines as generous and easy-going as Ernie Els himself. The range also features a Cabernet Sauvignon, Rosé and Chenin Blanc.
- Ernie Els Big Easy Cabernet Sauvignon Rosé
- A Light and Fruity Wine, Delicate Rose-Gold in Colour with Notes of Pink Florals & Wild Strawberry
- Cabernet Sauvignon & Cinsault
- Ernie Els Big Easy Chenin
- A Crisp and Fresh Wine With Notes Of Citrus Peel, Preserved Lemon, Guava & Quince
- Chenin Blanc
- Ernie Els Big Easy Cabernet Sauvignon
- Aromatic and Spicy, with Notes of Raspberry, Redcurrant, Cassis, Ripe Plum and Red Cherry
- Cabernet Sauvignon 85%, Cinsault 15%
- Ernie Els Big Easy Red Blend
- A Complex Blend with Concentrated Notes of Ripe Black Berry, Liquorice, Smoked Herbs and Chocolate
- Shiraz 60%, Cabernet Sauvignon 20%, Grenache 5%, Mourvèdre 5%, Cinsaut 5%, Viognier 5%